Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tears ...


The moment I was born, an element within erupted,
A fraction that’s at rest began to move, to co- exist,
Began to rip open, while released from mom’s womb,
Came alive with my first sense, first gaze, and first cry!

Dwelled in my every vein; moved in my protoplasm,
Mushroomed inside each time I resolved and ached,
Only to collide and explode like the once ago cosmos,
Can’t number these atoms like stars in the heavens!

Can feel it painful at times running through my throat,
It’s all alive, proliferating deeply to choke my breath,
Suffocating my very existence, reminding mom’s womb,
But, I know, it breathes within me, making me alive!

I resolve to unwrap the joy and pain, as long as I “am”,
I dare to face and feel, and then will I see and sense life,
The fragments grow old; grow intense, I do each second,
Till I die, let me say, these are my dense elements; “Tears!”

No comments:

Post a Comment