Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Broken Song...


I hear a song,
Echoing from the prisons and alleyways,
That’s being hummed lowly,
Like a vagrant mothers lullaby,
To the innocent cheek that suck dry breasts,
It’s the song of “death”!

It moves like a venomous reptile,
Among filthy rags and rotten mud in the dark,
Whose shadow scares the decaying creatures,
Helpless with wounds of poverty,
Those hang on the streets and holes,
The tainted images from the creator’s hand!

I swipe this portrait with my song of love,
Spreading warmly over shivering bodies in cold,
A song that hovers calmly, healing the ruptures,
It flows luminously in the heart of death,
Whose waves whisper chants of “hope”,
Into the open ears of bony infant!

It’s a covenant song,
Of hunger, of pain and of love,
Tears exist between light and darkness,
I stand there like an angel with broken wings,
While I touch the cheek of that hungry little soul,
I sing my song forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment