Sunday, August 8, 2010

Irk

 

You write,
The lovely dreams,
On my spread heart,
You write beautifully,
The secret stories,
I feel it while you write,
I open my eyes to see,
But, you rub it away,
Even before I read!
I search insanely,
For the lost letters,
Frustrated and irksome,
Grow sharp claws of pain,
To tear and pierce,
Blood all over the place,
Split open my precipitated mind,
I gaze into it,
Find blank pages,
Fluttering calmly,
In silence and death!

You weave,
The garment of love,
Your body with mine,
Closely and genially,
I feel the warmth,
I wish to cover myself,
With that eternal robe,
But, you untie the threads,
Tear it anxiously,
Even before I wear,
Leaving me naked,
Cold,
Desperate,
I find the pieces torn,
Of rejected clothes,
Lying scattered on the floor!
My heart fails to beat,
My mind lost in nothingness,
Numb and in love,
I remember you…

2 comments:

  1. the imagery of the poem is awesome. it leaves a perfect unending and permanent mark on the reader's mind...especially for a "desperate" pretty young girl!!! 'pain' and 'morbidity' of ur poetry reminds me one of those Emily Dickinson's poems: Because i could not stop for death...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank U! Guess am obsessed with "Images" :)

    ReplyDelete